Friday, April 3, 2009

Making cookies en masse
Here's a tip that I picked up from our neighbor who is a chef. He makes batches of cookie dough and divides out enough for a dozen cookies, shapes it into a long rectangle on plastic wrap, wraps it up and freezes it. Then he pulls it out of the freezer, slices the dough up and bakes it from frozen. I think you need to add a couple of minutes to the overall bake time to make up for the freezing but they taste great. I tried this with wax paper and I wouldn't recommend wax paper because it tears too easily. Also, you need to make sure that the plastic wrap isn't embedded in the dough somehow otherwise when you take it off, it will be frozen 'in' the dough and you might not get it out without having to thaw the whole batch of dough. Here are the ones I made last night (chocolate chip cranberry almond cookies) and, as you can see, I wasn't sure how much dough would make a dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment