Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lassy Mogs
When we first moved back to Canada, I bought some President's Choice Lassy Mogs and was so addicted to them that I could put away an entire bag. In one sitting, no joke. So, I decided to look for a recipe but couldn't find anything that was clearly a Lassy Mog. However, I did find a comparable recipe and, with a couple of modifications and translation (it was in french), here's what I now call Lassy Mogs.

1 cup butter/marg
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup molasses
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt, nutmeg
1 cup raisins
1 cup dates, cut up
2/3 cup coconut

Cream butter, sugar and eggs. Stir in molasses and vanilla. Mix dry in separate bowl and add to wet. Stir in fruit and coconut. Mixture will be very stiff. Loosely shape into balls on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 10-11 minutes at 375˚ F.

No comments:

Post a Comment