Homemade Granola Bars
This was in the paper yesterday so I thought I'd try them out. They are pretty good, a bit dry but that's probably due to the altitude here. Plus I made them without the chocolate chips and I think they would make a good addition.
Heat oven to 400F, line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment paper
1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup wheat bran
1 tsp cinnamon, allspice
1/2 tsp ginger, salt (opt)
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup dried apricots, chopped finely
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup coconut or chocolate chips
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup apple juice
1/3 cup honey
2 tsp canola oil
1. Mix dry ingredients in one bowl.
2. Mix wet ingrediants in another bowl.
3. Combine and spread out evenly in lined pan.
4. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Cool and cut into 16 bars.