Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Blueberry Bran Muffins
This is the absolute best bran muffin recipe I have ever made and tasted. I added blueberries, but have made them with wheat gherm, coconut, nuts, raisins.















Oven at 400F, muffin pan lined with papers (I used large or extra-large). In a med. bowl mix 1/4 cup canola oil, 1/4 cup molasses, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1 cup milk (I often use buttermilk) and 1 1/4 cups bran (wheat or oat). In a small bowl (I use my large glass measuring cup) mix 1 cup flour (I use whole wheat), 1.5 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt. Stir and dump in all but a tiny bit into the wet mixture and stir. In the remaining bit of flour mixture, coat 1/2 cup berries/nuts/raisins and mix into mixture. Fill muffin papers and bake for 16-18 minutes. The key here is to not overcook them. If you do, people will take a bite and smile but think "this is why bran muffins suck, they are so dry".

No comments:

Post a Comment